The portfolio book Clairvoyant, published by Revue K in connection with an exhibit of photogravure etchings by Peter Miller in France, includes 14 beautifully printed images from the exhibition. Designed by the distinguished artist and publisher Roman Kames in Paris, and printed in Prague on 200-gram Tintoretto paper, Clairvoyant has an Introduction by former Ajoint-Premier de la Touraine Jean-Yves Couteau and an essay by art philosopher Marie-Parra Aledo. 22 x 22 cm, 20 pages, ISBN: 978-2-908120-25-7
She writes 'As we cast our minds back to the earliest days of art-making, to mankind's remotest past as people and as creators, we encounter those immortal acts that perpetuate memory, acts which occurred before the mastery of form and color.... To engrave, to make a mark on matter, is thus to inscribe memory.... From simple gestures to the most innovative technologies, the print always resonates with visceral perception, with the vital rhythms of primordial gestures seen today as gestures of art, intimately bound up with the instinctive, living perception possessed in common by humans and animals, in search of memory.
'If art always stems from surprise, here, these images etched by Peter Miller, with the spontaneity of photography, yet undoubtedly drawn from careful consideration in response to direct observation of nature, give us the sense of an ideal beauty that we can never forget.'
With art we are connected with ancient memories and intimations of the future, a clarity of vision that suggested the title 'Clairvoyant'. The 14 prints in Clairvoyant are:
248. Morning Glory, 15 x 14 cm (6 x 6" ) photogravure etching, Black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo paper (2008), Arughat, Nepal.
273. Catch of the Day. 26 x 17 cm (10 x 7" ) photogravure etching, Carbon black etching ink on Rives BFK paper (2011) Guérand, Bretagne, France.
285. Broth of Life , 20 x 26 cm (8 x 10" ) photogravure etching, Warm black etching ink on Kyokushi (2012) kombu (kelp) harvest at Erimo, Hokkaido, Japan.
278. Second Spring 35 x 26 cm (14 x 10" ) photogravure etching, Black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo (2011) cherry blossoms at Yoshino-san, Japan.
245. Bramble 7 13 x 18 cm (5 x 7" ) photogravure etching, Carbon black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo paper (2008), Japan.
224. Swirl. 16 x 12 cm (6 x 5" ) photogravure etching, Carbon black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo (2006) Iwate Prefecture, Japan
230. Pentagram 26 x 20 cm photogravure etching, Cool Black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo (2006), Norway.
258. Vanished Stars. 18 x 13 cm (7 x 5" ) photogravure etching, Carbon black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo paper (2009), lotus blossoms, Norway.
272. Beyond the Pale Glow 22 x 17 cm (9 x 7" ) photogravure etching, Carbon black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo paper (2011), Katsura Rikyu Imperial Villa, Kyoto.
196. Roofwork, 27 x 22 cm (11 x 9" ) photogravure etching, Warm black etching ink on Lana Gravure paper (2005) the thatchers' art in Shirakawa Village, Gifu Prefecture, Japan.
236. Grainwaves. 20 x 26 cm (8 x 10" ) photogravure etching, Warm black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo paper (2007) a cascade of terraced fields, Nepal.
254. Breath of Life, 35 x 22 cm (14 x 9" ) photogravure etching, Orient Blue etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo paper (2009) wind in reeds, Norway.
282. Cote Sauvage, 18 x 26 cm (7 x 10" ) photogravure etching, Payne's Gray and Carbon Black etching inks on Fabriano Tiepolo paper, Bretagne, France.
265. Bygones, 16 x 12 cm (6 x 5" ) photogravure etching, Carbon black etching ink on Fabriano Tiepolo paper (2009); lotus leaves, Finland.
On the page that follows, please select your currency from the drop-down list, and enter either $24, or 2,600 Yen, 21 Euros, or equivalent in the space provided. Please write your mailing address in the message space. Your books will arrive at that address by Yu-Pack in Japan or by EMS elsewhere.
Gift orders are also accepted -- please write the ship-to address and any note you would like to add. All orders will be filled as received while supplies last.
Or if preferred, you can order with this form:
Dappled Things, pairs the poetry of Robin Chapman with the photogravures of Peter Miller -- 23 of each. For more about Dappled Things and to purchase the book for $35, please visit the Dappled Things page.
Both books together may be purchased for $49.
To order the Clairvoyant book together with an original photogravure etching of Morning Glory, please visit 'Venues'.
Contact | 連絡: Please type into your email (日本語 OK).